Dentistry…Interesting? I bet you didn’t think it was possible…
Improving your smile through orthodontic treatment is serious business, however there’s also a fun side too (including knowing all our great patient friends).
This article is a nod in that direction, especially the last fact relating to Tom Cruise! And trust us when we say this is something that is going to change the way you look at him, forever! Here at Dream Smiles Orthodontics in Brisbane we would like to share some fun and quirky facts about braces:
Did You Know…?
The first braces were designed in 1728, consisting of a flat piece of metal connected to the teeth by thread. Orthodontic brackets were invented in 1915.
#1 – Never Too Old
Adults want straight teeth too! In fact, MILLIONS of people over the age of 18 are currently in orthodontic treatment.
#2 – Only A Select Few
100% of all orthodontists are dentists, but only about 6% of all dentists are orthodontists.
#3 – You Won’t Be One Of Them, Right?
Nearly 25% of orthodontic patients have to get braces again because they didn’t wear their retainers!
#4 – Myth Breaking
Braces are not magnetic; they don’t set off metal detectors. Braces don’t pick up radio transmissions and they don’t increase your odds of being hit by lightning.
#5 – Famous Orthodontic Patients
Check them out – Emma Watson, Katy Perry, Prince Harry, Justin Bieber, Gwen Stefani, Drew Barrymore, Dakota Fanning, and more.
#9 – We bet you didn’t know!
Tom cruise’s front tooth sits in the Centre of his face; go on, Google it, you know you want to!
At Dream Smiles Orthodontics in Brisbane we provide a range of dental braces so that you can have the best treatment to suit your individual needs…
Braces are important as misaligned teeth and jaw can cause gum disease and tooth decay which can lead onto other more serious health concerns. Thanks to advances in dental technologies, orthodontic applications have improved immensely in areas such as comfort, functionality, durability and their aesthetic appearance (less visible and less bulky).
Braces can help correct the following problems in your mouth:
- Correct gaps
- Crooked teeth
- Various problems with bite (overbite, under bite etc.)
- Fix teeth that are crowding
Our highly qualified team of dentists are extremely qualified orthodontists who will assess your mouth to determine the best orthodontic treatment for you.
Metal free braces, clear braces are wires and brackets fixed to the front of your teeth. As the name indicates, they are clear so they are not as noticeable as traditional braces. Clear braces place gentle pressure on your teeth which will progressively move your teeth into the correct position.
Unlike conventional braces, the benefits of clear braces are:
- They are tooth coloured, so there is next to no change in the physical appearance of the patient during treatment.
- There’s no rushing through the treatment, because they are a discrete solution we find that patients are happy to wait the full treatment time to receive optimal results.
- Clear braces are most popular amongst adults who don’t want it to be overly obvious that they are having dental work done while they are at work.
Incognito Lingual Braces….
For a simple and less visible way to achieve straight teeth, Incognito Lingual braces could be for you. As the name suggests, no one will know you are even wearing braces. These are fitted to the back of your teeth and are constructed of brackets and wires.
The benefits of Incognito Lingual braces:
- Hidden behind the teeth no one will even know you’ve got braces.
- Incognito Lingual braces are just as effective as traditional braces but with the obvious aesthetic benefits.
- The materials used in the making of these minimise breakage and damage
- Each bracket is custom-made for each tooth
- Their design does not affect your speech
At Dream Smiles Orthodontics in Brisbane, we believe that you should have all the options made available to you. That is why we offer an extensive range of orthodontic treatments to suit your needs and preferences.